Back to Index
The Behavioral Health staff at Iowa Pain Clinic work in collaboration with your medical team to provide individualized pain management. Understanding and managing the thoughts, emotions and behaviors that accompany the discomfort can help you cope more effectively with your pain and may actually reduce the intensity of your pain. Patient treatment plans are individualized but may include relaxation techniques, changing old beliefs about pain, building new coping skills and addressing any anxiety or depression that may accompany your pain.
Conditions Commonly Discussed in Psychotherapy:
- Chronic Pain
- Grief and Loss
- Adjustment to Major Life Changes
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Tobacco Cessation
Psychotherapy May Also Be Used To:
- Resolve Conflicts
- Relive Anxiety or Stress
- Cope with Major Life Changes
- Improve Coping Strategies
- Learn to Better Cope with an Ongoing or Serious Physical Health Problem
- Recover from Physical or Sexual Abuse
- Cope with Sexual Problems
- Improve sleep
Area of Body
What Do I Do Next?
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you may contact us using the Contact Form.